I don’t like this at all. Over the past week or so, it seems that Batelco has resumed its old policy of quietly blocking those websites that the government does not like. The list includes: Montadayat.org, Wattani.net, AhrarAlBahrain.com, and the most recent victim Shaheedbh.com (the unofficial website for the National Committee for Martyrs and Victims of Torture). In addition of course is the ever controversial BahrainOnline.org which has been blocked for years, and everyone has just accepted the status quo rather demand that it be unblocked. What all of these blocked sites have in common is that they have a strong anti-government slant.
This blog is currently unavailable, but don't worry!
Possible reasons for the unavailability:
- it may have been on one of our oldest server, in which case it can be upgraded!
- the blogger may have requested their blog be suspended/deleted
- abandonment (more than a year without any activity)
- we are attempting to clear out abandoned blogs which are prone to being hacked.
- illegal activity (Weblogs.us strives to comply with all laws)
- the blog may have been using an outdated version of WordPress that has security vulnerabilities
If this is your blog and you feel your blog should be available, please let us know! You can contact us via email at support AT weblogs.us
PS Don't worry! When a blog is unavailable we normally keep full backups of the database and files associated with the blog.
Weblogs.us LLC Administrators